Thursday, February 21, 2013

Opening a bag of Longevity White Tea (Silver YinZhen) sent by daddy 2 years ago :"p

Dad mailed me different types of great teas few years back. There were the White Tea , 8 year old puer, green teas. However, I never bother to open them to try .. So I put them in my tea basket and almost forget about them :"(

Two days ago, I remembered that I haven't open the package yet !!
So. I started to try them one by one .
They are the really good teas picked by my dad, he told me that he wanted me to try the significant teas, so I will get to understand what's "woody, or aging" tastes and smells like ~

In the passed two days. I took pictures and made tea tasting notes , then post it on my dad's page, so he could comment on my understandings and new learnings about teas !

I tried this Longevity Brow today, it's actually called the ShouMei or Silver Needle. It belongs to the White tea category, which is a type of tea without fermentation and pan fry .
Usually, people are not passionate a out white tea, because it's mild taste..and mild aroma

Well, this Longevity I tried today gave me a big shock ! When i opened the bag, the shape of the tea leafs look very organize and clean to me! then I took 6g and brew it for 15 seconds with gaiwan! How could white tea contain such a fruity aroma and it was able to lasted for up to 10 infusions!! i was so exciting by myself when i am tasting this tea ! Usually white teas has less favors and only can last for a maximum 5 infusion ! The sweetness of the tea keeps in my body for quite a wile too ~~

I was amazed by this tea , and could like to share it with my tea friends immediately. Too bad, only myself was tasting the tea before going to work..
And before I leave the tea table, I can still add another 3 infusion before it's losing favors :"( I wasted a tea today lol











No comments:

Post a Comment